Friday 15 February 2013

Garden Designer on the move ... and Events in February! :)

Hello and welcome back! :)
As you may have guessed, my Garden Designer life has took over my blogging-plans :)

Once again life has reserved me some big surprises, and I found myself to be one of the six shortlisted names for the RHS YOUNG DESIGNER OF THE YEAR competition with my 'Heaven on Earth' garden.

{One of the 2012 finalist  gardens - A Prison Garden for Rehabilitation through Wellbeing by Katherine Wills}

Last Friday I have been invited to present my Design to the Judging Panel, which included the founder of one of the best London's Garden Design School, and a noted and multi-award winner Contractor. Despite my garden will not be among the three finalists, I really appreciated this great opportunity and it has been amazing to reach this point after just two months from graduation.
Another very good reason for 'neglecting' the blog is that I AM AT GREAT DIXTER AGAIN! :)
I am back to one of the greatest English gardens for another amazing learning/working experience.
Unfortunatelly there isn't a great internet connection here so next post will have to wait, but you can follow my daily 'diary' on my Facebook page or on Twitter.

{Tiax / stockfreeimages.com}

Despite the great news and events, I did not forget my monthly appointment and I cherry-picked some among the most interesting garden-related events of the month.

Inaugurated by HRH the Duchess of Cornwall, the new Garden Museum exhibition is now open! 'Floriculture - Flowers, Love and Money' will be on display until the 28th of April and will bring you through four centuries of cut flowers history. I will attend it on next week and I am really looking foward to it.

{Image source: Garden Museum}

16th&17 - Winter Opening Weekend at Great Dixter House and Garden
19th & 20th - RHS London Plant & Design Show
26th - Sarah Raven's Luchtime talk at the Garden Museum. A great talk by a great writer, cook, grower, broadcaster and teacher. I have been in love with her garden, books, website and catalogue since I setted foot in Uk and I am sure you will fall in love as well!
All the month long, you can pay a visit to the 'Butterflies in the Glasshouse' at RHS Wisley Garden, and to the 2013 Orchid Festival at KEW Gardens.

Further news on London-related events can be found at 'The Green in Between'.

That is all for now :) See you next week and...keep sowing!!! :)


Bisous and Baci,

Noemi

No comments:

Post a Comment